Re: [MV] Welding

From: Jim Webster (jimweb@simonides.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 13:43:59 PDT

Jim Wiehe wrote:

>>> does anyone have any information on welding water to
>>> air..........
>>
>> Yes its similar to welding air to dirt though you have to use a
>> different bonding agent......
>

> You have to start with a bucket of steam and a sky hook.....

Now don't mention skyhooks... the first day I arrived at the regiment I
was sent for some 'skyhooks' by the troop jokers. Unfortunately for them
I was heavily into modern wargaming and a 'skyhook' is the stand a
helicopter or aircraft is placed on to denote the fact that its airborne
so I went a got one of them. The look on their faces when I got back was
priceless...

They got me a few days later though by sending to the stores for some
'clear coolant' and, of course, I was handed round every department
before being given a bucket of water....

--
TTFN
Jim