Results of battery restoration

From: jaxincalifornia@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 20:48:24 PDT

This test battery came out of my kid's car after we installed a new one, but rather than turning in the old battery for the core charge, as I would have normally done, we tried the chemical restoration treatment just to see what would happen. Keep in mind this battery had been dead for about 3 months....it absolutely would not take a charge.

I followed the directions as outlined at...

http://www.scimweb.com/reports/battery.html

Once the sufated plates were cleaned and the original acid was replaced I put it on a trickle charger for 24 hours.

The next day I checked and the charged indicated a full charge... I couldn't believe it, it really worked. This battery seems to work as new, least we can't tell the differance. Holds a charge just fine.

FYI: I got the cleaner from J.C. Whitney (they call it VX2 aka EDTA ). My guess is as long as your battery is not shorted out, you stand a pretty good chance of bringing it back to life by cleaning up the sulfated cells. Might be a way to bring back those long dead deuce batteries for just a couple of bucks each.

I know you're going to say this is BS, don't waste your money, maybe you're right in some cases, but I can only tell it worked for me on this one and it's now a backup battery on my trailer winch!