Re: [MV] tow bar adapters

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 17:54:47 PDT

Hi Gene...

>You can get the same bushings at any farm supply store as they are used on
>the connecting pins to go between different classes of 3 point hitches (3/4
>to 1 inch).......for about a buck a piece.

I've seen these too, but the ones I found were steel with a split down
the side. I found that these rusted fairly quickly with the movement
of the tow bar, and the edge of the split tended to cut into the
shackle mount and open the hole wider and wider...that's why I went
with the seamless stainless steel design. If the bushings you found
are seamless and don't rust, I would definitely recommend those over
my more expensive stainless steel units! A buck is pretty cheap!

Thanks for the info!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net