Re: [MV] Military Vehicles Magazine (M series Markings, Final Thoughts)

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 05:30:07 PDT

              Last night, I was thumbing through the MV Mag again and I got
to finnish Dave's article. At the end on the final thoughts, I got a good
chuckle. For the last 5 years I have been talking with our Vietnam
Veterans that drove and worked on trucks. It reminded me of a time where I
was talking to a Motor Pool Sgt who was with the 512th (if I remember right)
who was about to get a inspection by the Group Commander. They brought in
several of their best vehicles off the line and gave them quick paint jobs.
One being a 10 ton tractor and its trailer. He mentioned that he "added"
some type of hardener. Once it dried, he told me that you needed "Sun
Glasses" to even look at it. He also mentioned that he got a chewing from
his CO because of it.

Jeff