MV Owners - endangered species protection

From: jaxincalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 08:00:14 PDT

"Wow, glad I live here in Peaceful Missouri & don't spend that much time worrying about it. Could drive you nuts thinking about ALL the possible scenarios out there.  Course, maybe its just a California thing to spend that much time dwelling on all the possibilities of... "What if "
  Steve"

Thanks for your input Steve, I hope your's is the unique opinion! lol But, maybe you missed what I was trying to say or maybe I was not very clear? Let me break it down like this:

1. Never be lulled into a false sense of security when it comes to protecting things important to you.

2. Understand that certain elements of our society will never be our friends and they will use any infraction/opportunity to the detriment of our hobby.

3. Take proactive steps whenever and wherever possible to move people away from the mentality of banning "things" to punishing the people who abuse "things!"  Should be a key focus by everyone...MV collector or otherwise for freedoms lost are rarely restored.

4. That it is far better to be proactive than to be in denial.

Steve, you may think talking about such things is worrisome and unnecessary in peaceful (apparently isolated) Missouri, but from my point of view in the PRC, I still think it's vital we at least give it some thought.  I see it as another extension of the idea that "freedom is not free."  We have to work at it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jack Lee, PRC of the Left Coast