Re: USAA insurance

From: Dean L. Kellogg, Jr (kelloggd@uthscsa.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 06:40:47 PDT

> BTW are there many other former military guys
> who are using USAA for their HMV's? I've found them very good over the
> last 15 years.

I use USAA for my driver vehicles....but not any on my HMV's or other cars
registered as classics in TX. I looked inth this several years ago...so it
may have changed BUT....After a huge run-around with ignorant telephone
agents in their HQ (who were not programmed to think of anything but daily
drivers) I finally found that USAA was rather expensive for classic
vehicles (3 times others) and actuallly would farm out the business to
another company. They are great for driver vehicles, but appear to be
ignorant of the historic vehicle market.

I have used TC Taylor...through a local agent.....but they are not so
great. I will be shopping around soon.

Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD
Department of Medicine
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
(210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu