Dauntless Engine questions

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 05:01:20 PDT

Hello Ric and or any listers.

A question re the V6 engine in my newest jeep find

I am going to check this jeep further today re some of the points to look
for re the CJ or M38 questions.
I now get the feeling tyhat this was a bit from one model and parts off
another put into a jeep rebuild.

I will check the external "Pie Dish" Plug in connection on the passengers
side... to see if it were filled with Bondo

I will lift the battery box lid holddowns, and take a peek in there ?

I will check into the instrument cluster too - Fixed or removable type ?

Now for Ric or any other listers who may not have read the earlier post.
This Jeep has the older V6 cast iron block and heads.
This looks like a factory job except that the engine is far, far too close
to the firewall indent.

Anyway, what was the Liter capacity of the Dauntless - of those early v6's ?

I think you mentioned 155 horsepower ?

Usually, into a T88 or T86 tranny ?

Would the distributor cap show even spacings of the High Tension outputs if
this were an Odd Fire configuration ?

 Or, would the spaces be just as per a normal Dist Cap !

Thanks for any info., as the Lil' flathead L-134 Jeeps has been my main
experience so far in the Mbs & CJ2As

Rob Pearson
Upstate NY near Syracuse.
A litter of old jeeps.