Re: [MV] Aervoe Paint ?

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 09:44:26 PDT

For a while I was involved in electrostatic paint systems for General Motors. The paint had to have certain properties in order to take the charge. I don't recall
what they were, however the paint was formulated for electrostatic application. FWIW, properly setup, an electrostatic system works extremely well. In fact
Binks was selling a system for a while that allowed office furniture to be repainted while still in the office. You just put a file cabinet on top of a drop cloth, in the
middle of the office and sprayed it. Overspray was virtually non-existent. The plant I was at bought a couple portable systems just to do office furniture.

Dave