'39 Ford Panel Update

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 17:45:29 PDT

Guys, still thrashing on this one.
  I came across an interesting reference to
a "central records office" "maintained and staffed by The Quartermaster
General" containing all US Army "motor vehicles by year, make, model,
serial number and engine number". This was at the US Army War
Department...
  Has ANYONE EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF THIS????
  The reference is right out of my '40 US War Department Motor Vehices
Manual I got off eBay.
  These records would clear a lot of things up for me, and would be a
valuable treasure for anyone restoring a WWII era US Army vehicle...
  Please respond off list
Thanks, Don