Re: [MV] Good shows on the History Channel - Sherman

From: Dave Merchant (kosh@nesys.com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 13:24:05 PDT

Don't know if you guys saw it, but last night on History Channel
we got a nice bit of onboard and inside a restored Sherman.
Thought I saw a credit to IWM, but not sure.

Anyway, they re-enacted with both Brit and US gear,
and were willing to take it out in the mud. Quite nice.

Also good interviews with Brit and US veterans,
and good pix of hedgerow conditions.

..and of course, the usual load of weak research and facts!!

Up till now, I had been unaware that all of the Shermans were built by
the Detroit Arsenal, and that the war ended with the taking of Paris,
and that no Shermans were used outside the ETO!! (LOL)

I think there would be a good market for the raw footage
for some of these History Chan shows, without the fast-cut editing
and BS narration.

-Dave Merchant

Dave Merchant
kosh@nesys.com