Re: [MV] Non MV related ?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 17:47:04 PDT

Steve

> Does anybody know who the correct persons to turn this over to ?

Nobody, since 99% of these scam attempts aren't even hooked up to live
email/phone numbers. There is *so* much of this BS now that I doubt any
agency would even be a tiny bit interested in it. In one day I got three
of these, worded slightly differently, from three different sources.

BTW, they don't have money to launder. That is the scam. What they do
is try and get you to give them money, up front, in order to "help" them
fund their "transactions". What really happens is that they pocket your
money and then, when you complain, tell you that more money is needed
before things can get started. And so on, and so on. This is a mutation
of a rather well known Nigerian scam that netted a few suckers about 5
years ago.

MV content... I checked today and found that my 3rd M29c bow float tank
is somewhere in the heart of the US on its way from sunny California to
(still) wintery Maine. If it is as good as it looked in the pictures,
I'll have my other two tanks up for sale. Sorry, only have one stern
tank, so no sets!

Steve