Polishing Gauge lenses

From: Tony Castagno (tonycastagno@verticalthought.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 05:41:47 PDT

Hello List,

My humvee's gauges are a little hazy and I sometimes have to cup my hand
over them to read them depending on the light. In the army we used a
plastic polish to polish the scratches out of our protective mask face
lens (Tanker version with the one face lens much like a fireman's mask)
Would this stuff help my gauges? If so could anyone recommend a
commercially available product? BTW thanks to everyone for all the
great responses on my Tire cleaning question... seems like if Fantastik
doesn't cut it, that Miller tire paint is the ultimate solution.....

Tony Castagno
Managing Partner
Enterprise Architect
Vertical Thought, LLC