fuel in oil

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 04:09:44 PDT

I have been told this is common problem with has engine fuel pumps - today's
gasoline can contain small amounts of alcohol without telling about it - and
older diaphragms and some gaskets in carbs. will not stand any alcohol. -
also the dry cracks let fuel pass into crankcase - happened last weekend on
my M170, and two weeks ago with a daily driver that fuel pump was only about
two years old. - not near as old as M170 fuel pump was. Few years ago I had
to pull tank on older civvy. vehicle and take about two cups of material
that looked like fine coal - mechanic said that it was an accumulation from
past fuel that methanol additive and cut off and set free in tank - stopped
everything up.

Everette