Re: [MV] looking for clothes

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 08:50:53 PDT

Hi Mark...

>I know this is off topic a weee bit.
>But I'm looking for some cheap surplus combat clothes.pants(38 waist or
>larger) and shirts( x large) I'm trying to put some clothes on the guys
>riding in the trucks.
>cheap is the key word :) must be from 1960 to present day.

It sounds ON topic to me.

I have found that a good way to outfit larger numbers of people in
military garb is to use OD or camo coveralls. Check
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/

Also Coleman's Surplus has the chemical protective top and bottom sets
in OD ($20) and camo ($30) for pretty cheap (as do many surplus
stores). They have charcoal in the center, so it is best to turn them
inside out and run them through the washing machine about 5 times to
get all the charcoal powder out:

http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/3cd554c8014613be273fd81e6c020632/Product/View/010201&2D1
http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/3cd554c8014613be273fd81e6c020632/Product/View/010101&2D1

Good luck!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net