Re: [MV] NSN numbers

From: John Stewart-Smith (john_stewartsmith@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 08:37:46 PDT

Bob, for finding NSN's for specific M35 parts you need the Technical Manual
TM 9-2320-209-20P and you can download it for free from this web site
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/data/A/027243.pdf
It is 809 pages long, so if you are using a telephone modem, it will take a
very long time to download. If you just need a couple of NSN's, don't bother
to download it, just use it on-line. You will need Acrobat Reader in order
to view it, this is available for free at www.adobe.com.
As an example I'll use the M35 hood. Just click on the small pair of
binoculars (Find function) type in 'hood' and wait. It will bring up page 50
which shows a clamp, hose, hood. Nope. Hit 'Find again' which is the smaller
pair of binoculars with a curved arrow above it. You are going to have to do
this several times until you get to the correct 'hood'. Each time will
entail a long wait. It would probably be better if you just download the
whole TM and go have a cup of coffee or do an oil change. When it has
completely downloaded, save it on your desktop as something like
'M35-20P.pdf' Then anytime you want to look up a part, click on this icon.
It will be thousands of times faster than using it on-line. Do not print the
entire manual, it is 809 pages and will use up a heck of a lot of ink, just
print the pages you want. Another good alternative is to spring about $25 to
Military Media Inc (forgot the address) and they will send you a CD with all
of the M35 technical manuals on it. Again, it is a thousand times faster and
it has every single manual that pertains to the M35 on it.
The web site also works for all military vehicles that are still in the
military inventory, use this link for other vehicles.
http://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm then type in M151 (or whatever)
on the 4th line 'TM Title Text'. If you typed in M151, you will get 10 hits,
and you can select which TM to read.
Were you joking about the M35 hood? Figure 154 in the -20P shows it but does
not list a NSN for it.
So how do you shut Sarge up?
Blah, blah, blah....
-Sarge