RE: [MV] Forwarding Jeep For Sale Notice

From: Henry J. Fackovec (Hfackovec@easternems.com)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 10:49:39 PDT

Just as a note, the mine sweeper variant M151A1 was very rare, if I
recall, they were only made in a qty of less than 20 ( I think). Thus
making survivability of a complete example very rare.

If you contrast this with the tens of thousands of MB/GPWs made for WWII
it makes it much more valuable. (Not to mention my personal bias that
WWII stuff is ugly, poorly engineered, and has just a couple of years of
history, not like the glorious and heroic M series vehicles that have
preserved freedom for the world for decades<G>.)

On the negative side, I do not believe it has only 16 miles, looking at
the body condition. Very easy to replace a spedo.

Respectfully submitted.

HJ Fackovec