Sierra M35's and GL

From: Tyson Taylor (nevadamoon39@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 15:33:41 PDT

Hello all!

 I'm new to the list and from reading the archives I wanted to ask a few questions to the veterans of govt. auctions.

 I live in Reno,NV and am very interested in the M35's out in Herlong at the Sierra depot.The rub is that GL does not have a manned site there, so you can not inspect the trucks prior to bidding! Now,from reading this list, most of every bodies opinion is to stay away from trucks that you can not physically inspect and I understand completely,from prior dealings with the government,that that is sound advice! My main thing is that it is so close (1 hour) and the savings alone on the transportation of the truck would be awesome.

  So the question is....should I take the leap of faith and just go by the pictures alone or should I wait on some trucks that are inspect able??

  I also see that David, from GL, reads this list and I just wanted to say to him that I would be able to help out in a part-time way if he needed someone close to the Sierra depot that would be able to set up a day and be able to have inspections on a appointment type basis. I would do it just for the gas it takes to get out there actually....no other monies would be necessary...maybe just a M35 for my troubles. Hahaha

   I am fully bonded with my company and have passed several background checks. I also have my concealed weapons permit but it is only good for the state of Nevada....California still will not recognize an out of state permit....so I won't be able to be armed. I'm just stating this because the Sierra depot is a base that's purpose is the destroying of munitions....so it must have to be a pretty high security base.

   Anyway,thanks to the keepers of the list and the whole MV community who support such ventures...I have learned a ton of stuff just from site like these and the people who have contributed their thoughts! Hats off to ya!

Semper Fi

    Tyson