Wiring a trailer... suggestions?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat May 11 2002 - 17:43:02 PDT

Hi all,

I am an electrical novice trying to wire a 1953 M101 trailer so that it
will work with my Pinzgauer. I have the trailer side (thanks Vintage
Wiring of Maine!) and the Pinzgauer plug side (thanks Cold War
Remarketing!). The problem I have found so far is that the trailer has 4
live leads and one ground. The Pinzgauer is rigged up similar to a US
vehicle in that it has 2 live leads and one ground. I managed to get my
left trailer light to work with the turn signal, but nothing for
breaking. And on the right side... nothing at all (bulb is probably
dead). How can I work around this quandry?

Thanks,

Steve