Re: (no subject)

From: Paul A. Thomas (pt@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 15:38:45 PDT

> Paul,
> I read your post to the List and I got to thinking. If you were to get
> friend to buy a deuce too, then your shipping would be cut in half! :)

ROFL.
Ow. That hurt. If only such friends grew on trees.

But your costs and what Jim indicated both seem to say it may be well
more than two grand coast to coast... (!)
I was wondering: has anybody ever looked into shipping it on the
railroad? Then again, how would you guarantee the parts would all be
there when it arrived? I've never seen anything in this list about
shipping via rail..

looks like it might be a moot point. I'm still waiting on the
appraisers report, but if the yearly reg/tax/sin tax/whatever runs two
grand a year that pretty much kills the idea of a normal deuce or a
wrecker. Unless I could somehow get it certified as a historic vehicle.
And if I could then any cop could (???) hassle you for driving it on the
road... Hard to say I'm checking the brakes when I'm 500 miles away in
the desert with it <g>

But my ears remain open: maybe somebody has actually found a way to
enjoy owning a deuce in the fabulous state of Ca.

Thanks for the idea tho.

   Paul