RE: [MV] IMPORTANT virus problem in address book. Please read!

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 17:13:31 PDT

This is a HOAX. See
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoa
x.html

Rich

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of don burris
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 5:01 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] IMPORTANT virus problem in address book. Please read!

This is very important!

I just received a message today from one of my friends listed in my address
book. Their address book had been infected by a virus and it was passed on
to my computer. My address book in return has been infected.
The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the
system. It is sent automatically by the messenger and by the Address Book,
whether or not you sent emails to your contacts. I have checked, found it
and deleted it. Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:

1. Go to Start, Find or Search option
2. In the files\folder option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C-drive
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT OPEN
IT
6. Right click and delete it. It will go to the Recycle Bin
7. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well
IMPORTANT
If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your Address Book
so they can eradicate it in their own address books. Sorry about this, I'm
sure everyone in my address book will have it. This message just came to me
today.