Re: [MV] New M-35A2 owner - HELP !

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 17:34:30 PDT

In a message dated 5/15/02 9:10:15 AM Central Standard Time,
ilovejeeps@hotmail.com writes:

<< 1968 Kaiser M35-A2 ( what distinguishes a A2 from any other ?)
THE M35 HAS A GAS OA-331 ENGINE
THE M35A1 HAS A LDS-427 ENGINE
THE M35A2C HAS THE LD-465 OR LDT-465 ENGINE AND A DROP SIDE BED.

 Hercules LD-465 engine with the exhaust coming out between rear axles.

 runs good, all lights work, stops good.

 What should I do first in terms of a good once-over:

EVEN THOUGH IT STOPS GOOD NOW...CHECK LEVEL OF BRAKE FLUID, IF YOU NEED TO
ADD BRAKE FLUID BE SURE IT IS THE RIGHT TYPE, MANY OF THESE USE
SILICONE...DON'T MIX TYPES. CHECK PARKING BRAKE TOO.
CHECK ALL FLUID LEVELS.

 what kind of oil do I use ?
 can I get oil filter(s) locally ?

 I have read some recent articles on fuel filters..should I consider
 changing them soon ?

 Any good initial advise will help. I drive it home this Saturday ( only
 about 20 miles )