Painting Gillespie

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 17:09:33 PDT

To start I am no expert and someone on the list helped me out a couple
years ago. I don't know if this is necessary, but worked great for me. I
painted
an M37 with 24087. I asked the list for help. One response I got was to add
hardener, but this makes it shiny, so to add flattener to counteract. I
talked to the
NAPA main warehouse in Des Moines and this is what I used below, in a ratio
of 8:1:1:1. I should also mention it was hot so I had different reducer, and
I used
a scale to get my ratio, just laid clear plastic on a digital scale I have
for work.
I'm kind of lazy and figure it should be close to actual volume.

8 parts Gillespie 24087
1 part Napa MSE-36 Hot weather reducer
1 part Napa 3022 flattening base
1 part Napa 15118 Synthetic enamel hardener

This color matched previous colors (in shaded areas exactly, to my eyes
anyways).
I am not sure it was necessary, but would do it again. The paint came out of
the
gun perfect for a jr painter like me, only run I had was small one when I
tilted gun
over too much on hood and it dripped out of vent in gun, so it wasn't even a
run.
Thank you list and thank you spell check (had about 10 misspelled words)

Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net