M35 Main Switch

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 08:41:13 PDT

Hi.

How "heavy duty" is the main switch on the M35?

Here is what I want to do. I would like to add another "hidden" switch to
be able to cut the juice off of the main switch so that noone could "do
damage" when plying in it. It could also provide some protection against
someone who knows these trucks from stealing the thing. I am also wondering
why didn't the horn relay go through the main switch.

On another topic, namely the intermitent turn signal problem, I just got the
new flasher, put it in and all works fine. Here is what I would recommend
one will do the next time the turn signal doesn't work. Instead of scraping
the steering column looking for a ground problem, start with the easy path.
Unplug the connector from the flasher and using a test light or a multimeter
check for voltage in all three "holes". There shouldn't be any when the
turn signal switch is not on. Turn the main switch on, and turn the turn
signal switch to left or right. You should have have voltage on one of the
wires (doesn't matter which) and this is the wire corresponding to the
direction you turned the turn signal switch to. Turn the switch to the
other direction and you should only have voltage on one of remaining two.
The third one is the ground (mine is connected directly to a bolt on the
fire wall I think). I connected the right wire to ground (using a bent
paper clip) and the right signal lights came on, turned the switch to left,
did the same with the left wire, and the left signal light came on. That
told me that all the wires and grounds are good, and unless I can have a
little man sitting under the hood signaling this way, I need a flasher. I
also went through all the steps listers gave me here before doing this.
Antelope had the cheapest price for a NIB flasher, $35.00, that I could
find.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce