BINGO! / '39 Ford Panel

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 18:33:00 PDT

A major discovery on my quest for some answers...
My truck was originally an AMC or US Army
Medical Department AMBULANCE...Not very
many FORD 1.5 Ton Ambulances were purchased by the US Army. 25?
  GERSTENSLAGER of Wooster, Ohio did
either original Ambulance convrsion, the later
"utility cabinet" conversion or both???
  Guys, after nearly four years of scratching my
a-- on this one, I just happened to peer UNDERNEATH the bottom of the
one remaining drawer. There it was... I had to sand
like crazy, but, GERSTENSLAGER in big letters diagonally. "Wooster,
Ohio" top right
AND "G" logo!!!!!!
  I would've given my left arm for this info.
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE GERSTENSLAGER / US ARMY LOWDOWN???
Gerstenslager is still in business, do they have
archives????
HELP! Don