Fire It Up

From: Paul A. Thomas (pt@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 21:03:06 PDT

I'm searching for a Deuce, however don't want a 1952 Mil Fire Truck I ran
across to be scrapped: it appears to be really unique. If the California
DMV has pity on us, I hope to own it soon.
It is an M35W/WN. I can take care of start up/ power issues, however the
#*+|@#! dash board looks nothing like any Deuce I've ever fired up.. there
is no three finger toggle switch.
There IS a key hole... and one to two dozen knobs and switches which (
perhaps ) fire trucks feel necessary but M35A2's don't. <g>
Google, normally a most reliable source, has come up blank.
[Hangs head]
Ok. I don't want to look like I flew off the turnip truck in a hard turn:
Did MilVeh's in the early 50's ( M35's ) have a few models which started
with a key? Until I find a/multiple manuals I don't really want to pull on
the myriad knobs/switches/left handed smoke benders present in the cab of
this stately beast.
many thanks.

Paul