Boot Camp Yearbooks

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 20:19:45 PDT

Hello folks, I went to the Findley, Ohio meet after the Dayton Hamvention.
(100 miles north of Dayton) It's the only way I might go but I can't say
that I was even remotely impressed. Same stuff and dealers that were at the
Aberdeen meet. I won't be going again and if you have to drive there over
200 miles, not really worth the trip. There was some big deal over parking,
plenty of room everywhere but you had to park in a remote area. They even
had the local National Guard helping out but for what?? Had three or more
people working parking at the gate when one was too many!

However, the only item I purchased was a Ft. Knox boot camp yearbook (what
else can I call it?) from a paper dealer. It was from the same cycle and
year that I was there but a different Battalion. (very close though!) I
tried 20 years ago to purchase one through normal channels but the yearbook
publisher went out of business in the late '70's and apparently everything
was trashed. It was Woltz studios, lost their contract with Ft. Knox and
it did them in. Since this reaches out everywhere, does anybody have or
know of a paper dealer that might have a US Army Ft. Knox boot camp yearbook
for the cycle of 11 MAR 71-14 MAY 71 for B-17-5?? (Company B, 17th
Battalion, 5th Brigade) I sure would like to get my hands on one!!! Please
share this information with anyone who might help!!!!!! Kindest regards,
Julian Burke