Re: [MV] Any MV stuff near Albany NY

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 08:23:14 PDT

Yes, Jason there are some nice "old" things to see.
I have 2 places where you can walk around and see old old stuff.

One I have been to twice. It has everything . avbsolutely everything !
For insatnce, Newer and old tools - implements - Lathes workshop equipment
of all kinds... and is chock a block full of everything imaginable... you
can spend an hour or two..
I have to call someone to get the address, as I rode with some others and
did not take notice & therefore don't remember the actual route numbers, at
all ?
I also live a couple of hours westly.

I haven't been yet to a 2nd place which is reputed to be even better. It's
called 50 Years of Old Iron.

The owner is Joe Fettinger.
I met Joe at a swap meet last year and bought some ignition magnetos from
him. at $5 a piece
He also had an MV 4 cyl/generator on a trailer for $200
The trailer alone was worth $200
He has has trucks - cars - parts - gas engines - old iron implements - parts
and pieces.

Call before you go.
That address is
108 Mahr Rd
Canajoharie, NY 13317

The number I spoke to him recently was 1-518-673-3348
As he went away for winter I believe that's the new number... quite certain.
Worst case, is to call his cousin Sharon Sheldon 518-922-5035
She, was able to give me the contact number after Joe's return to the area
from his winter trip.

Both of these places are probably 45 minutes from Albany

While your in the area, drive westerly to Cooperstown really nice with the
Baseball Hall of Fame.
You could luck out and see an local game ?

Regards from Aussie Rob
Tending my flock of early jeeps