Re: [MV] Deuce injector problem. Help, please.

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 06:14:02 PDT

No. 2 injector need to be checked on an injector tester, not visually looked at. There is probably something in the tip. I would yank all the injectors out and take them to get the "pop off" pressure checked. WHen that is donw you can see the spray pattern of the injector and see if they leak or dribble as they build up pressure. The reason the engine sound didn't change when the line was loosened on No., is that it wasn't working int he first place. The same result you get on a gas engine that you pull the plug wire on a plug that isn't firing.

Let me know how it turns out.

John
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA

>>> JJ&A <w7ls@blarg.net> 05/25/02 23:40 PM >>>
My M35A2 with a LDT-465-1C engine has suddenly developed a problem. The
problem arose within one day. It runs poorly, now. Sounds rough. Appears
to be missing on #2 injector. We started it up, then loosened the high
pressure line to each injector, one at a time, looking to see if the
engine bogged down, and that we observed fuel squirting out of the
connection. On #2, as the ferrul was backed off a little, fuel squirted
out, but the engine continued to run rough, with no changes. All the
rest of the injectors squirted fuel and the engine ran rougher, all of a
sudden. This indicates that each of those cylinders I was testing was
functioning as it should, more or less. #2 is not delivering fuel, for
some reason. It was taken out, opened up, cleaned and checked. Seemed to
be fine. Put back in engine and repeat test. Same result. Could it be
blowing by the overpressure valve in the injector and just dumping out
the low pressure drain, back into the fuel system?
    Other than this recent problem, the engine works great. Ideas?
Thanks. Jim

===Mil-Veh is a member-supprted mailing list===