Re: [MV] saw interesting MV

From: Doc Scheffler (roughdoc@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 15:48:00 PDT

> There are articles on things they've been fixing over the course of
> the deployment and ongoing product improvements with S&S as well as
> details on the entire family of vehicles.

The FMTV family has been a disaster since it's inception. A product of a
company that never built any vehicles before the Army contract, your tax
dollars have been used to bail them out so that they could repair them
enough so that units could convoy them down the highway at speeds greater
than 40 MPH.

They are gutless wonders, and when loaded and pulling a loaded trailer,
struggle to go straight on level hard stand.

No other service has even considered buying the vehicle, and if you note
the Forbes top 100 government contractors, S&S has sold nothing except
these vehicles to the Army.

The Marines bought the Oshkosh tactical truck. For what we have spent in
total on the FMTV family, we could have too.

Doc