M35A2 Cargo Canvas Top Buckle Replacement?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 08:47:02 PDT

Hi List...

I have a perfectly good vinyl cargo cover on my M35A2.

Lately I have been rolling up the sides of the cover and securing the
rolled up sides to the top corners of the bows by putting the bow
straps under the roll, around the outside of the roll, then through
the buckle on the top strap.

A few of the top buckles have come loose and separated completely from
the vinyl top, and a few of the canvas straps that hold the buckles to
the cover have broken.

What is the best way to fix missing buckles and reattach the straps
and strengthen them so I can roll up the sides without popping buckle
straps?

The straps from the bows are fine...it is only the top buckle straps
that are a problem.

I really like this configuration, especially in the spring and summer
months.

Thank you!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net