Re: [MV] Mattracks CORRECTION

From: dwright@govliquidation.com
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 10:26:35 PDT

All On The List,

We are receiving a lot of feedback on what we should do and what we should
not do with the Mattrack lots. Because of the confusion we will load out
the Lots by the Lot Tag on each lot. So if you are bidding on lot 7301 and
you win 7301 you will not be able to mix and match with another lot even if
the configuration of (Front/Back and Left/Right) or serial number does not
match on those pictured in the lot. Please place your bids with this
understanding.

David Wright
Government Liquidation
dwright@govliquidation.com
(480) 609-3295

Hi List, Sarge here.
I just drove my deuce 1,730 miles from Austin TX to Stockton CA to look at
the Mattracks Hummvee treads. I was somewhat upset to find out that they
are physically located 239 miles north of Stockton at the Sierra Army
Depot. GL showed them at Stockton. It was a 4 day gruelling ride from
Austin to Stockton, followed by another 9 hour drive over the Donner Pass
to Sierra. The reason I am posting this message is to warn all of the
people bidding very high amounts on these systems. I was at Sierra Army
Depot this morning and DRMO assured me that I was the only person to ever
inspect these tracks. Many of them are destroyed, and not one single one
has perfect treads. But, the most important warning of all THE PHOTO's DO
NOT MATCH THE ITEMS BEING SOLD. Many of the photo's show the same lot,
which, not co-incidentally, is the best lot. Another very important point,
Mattracks are a different design to fit on the front or rear of a vehicle.
Many of these lots are mixed, 3 front and one rear, 3 rear and one front,
and in one case 4 fronts. If you are buying one lot and hoping to use them
on your vehicle, I can tell you that only two lots (out of 13) have the
correct 2front/2rear mix. If you are buying 3 or more lots, you might get
two sets out of it.
Having said all that, I must admit that I am bidding, but only on the lots
that are complete and correct.
Let the buyer beware!
good luck