Stuff to put in the jeep trailer - WW2 stove - Reading Air Show

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 19:09:12 PDT

Howdy lists,
      I'm looking for one of the early WW2 field stoves...actually more
like a oven. We saw about 5-6 up at Reading last weekend & now the wife
wants one! I heard they were for sale at Aberdeen last month, but I
couldn't make it up there for the show.
      If anyone has one, especially if it's in the South-East, I'd be very
interested in purchasing it...or if someone has one they could bring to the
National in Dallas, I could pick it up there.
      Here's a photo of what it looks like:
http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/images/reading2002/mess.jpg
It's the 2'x2'x4' metal box in the middle of the photo.

      I've posted photos of some of the vehicles I saw up at Reading on my
website. Just go to http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/ww2 and choose the
link for Reading 2002.
      A big Thank You!!! to Jim Gilmore for giving me & all my stuff a ride
into camp Friday morning! You were a life saver.

Later,
Brian Mead
1944 Willys MB