Re: [MV] Demil items... LLC

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 12:32:15 PDT

At 2:24 PM -0500 6/12/02, Keith Byrd wrote:
> > examples - saw what they said was 3500 pounds of brass band instruments
>that
>> had been "demilled" in other words turned from band instruments into
>crushed
> > brass.
>[snip]
>Where does it stop? What can we do? I don't know ! Does anyone?

This sounds like we need to get some conservatives behind it.

It all has several implications behind it.

1. it wastes money coming and going (ie band instruments could be
sold or given to schools for a nominal price)
2. it pollutes because they are burying stuff (helps to get the knee
jerk environmentalists on as well as the thoughtful environmentalists
on board [like me] as well)
3. it destroys items that are historical (note the US army's call for
old things in museums from civilians that have it)
4. it wastes money

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -