Re: [MV] M35 Harness question

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 20:27:20 PDT

Hi Sarge Actually the 00 and 01 stand for the country code which in this
case is stateside. Here is the breakdown. Wayne

National Stock Number (NSN)

The 13-digit NSN identifies a specific item in the DRMS worldwide inventory.
Built on the military model, itīs made up of::

the first 2 digits, the Federal Supply Group (FSG), which indentifies the
property group the item belongs in.
the first 2 digits (FSG), combined with the next 2 digits, are the Federal
Supply Class (FSC) & identifies the supply class the item belongs in.
the next 2 digits, the National Codification Bureau Code,
identifies the country the property can be obtained in.
the last 7 digits, the National Item Identification Number
(NIIN), is used by the military to control individual items in
inventory.

Example: 1234-00-123-4567

"12" FSG
"1234" FSC
"00" country code
"123-4567" NIIN
Note: Not all items in the DRMS inventory have a NSN assigned.