RT-524 Radio

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 11:18:27 PDT

Hello to The List--
        I saw the posts of Steve D and I responded twice to him about
wanting to purchase a 524 radio and got no response from him. Does
anyone know if he is not around or what? Maybe I am not getting on to
the list. If anyone else out there has an RT-524 and accessories that
works perfectly and looks good as a static display in a truck please let
me know.
        On another note, I went to the DRMO at Yermo, S0-Cal, yesterday
and looked at some 5-tons that are coming up on a future auction, sad to
say the least. There were 7 trucks and I can't see making one good one
out of all of them. "Junk", parts only as far as I could tell. They had
been sitting around a while and had many parts cabbaged off, much
damage, stuff literally torn up like a T-Rex bit into them! There were
also 2 M35-A2 trucks that had seen better days, I wish I could get lucky
some time. I did see am ex Navy M35-A2 Multi=fuel with turbo, drop side
bed, no rust, set up with commo mount and anntenna, removed from Navy
in 1998. It had the original service book in it and has 9800 miles on
ODO. Has sat for 4 years at this guys place. He wants $3700 in running
condition, but needs brake work. I am tempted. It is all there except
needs new rag top and top frame. The tailgate is bashed in and needs
replaced otherwise no dents. Front WD was leaking oil at hubs.
          He also had a 5-ton chassis less cab that had been chopped off
in front of the
Front rear axle, frame forward was all gone as in no cab, engine tranny
etc. The rear axles looked as new with a short flat bed mounted and huge
hydraulic lift arms on the rear and equalizer pads that extended down
for stabilization? The 4 rims were super singles with central tire
inflation and 14.00-20 Michelin tires, ten lug wheels with a steel plate
over the hub. The two axles were on a cradle swivel with air bags
instead of leaf springs!
I haven't seen anything like this???---It all looked as new. I thought
wow, a good settup to transplant onto a M35 with central tire
inflation.What would it be worth?
-----Regards----Terry Lane