Re: [MV] Deuce Oil Leak

From: Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT (RWeinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 08:03:06 PDT

> Another thought is make sure you "cap" the stack. We just fired up an old
> truck at the paving company I work for and 15 mins after ignition the
truck
> sitting next to it was a major mess. Turned out to have no stack cap and
had
> filled the exhaust with water. New mechanic never noticed the black deluge
> erupting from the stack when he lit it off. Just a thought.

Excellent suggestion. I have used a plain old coffee can for just this
purpose since I purchased my truck. Right now it's at a truck show at the
Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI, sitting outside next to all the shiny
antique fire trucks. We had a deluge of rain during the night, and if I
hadn't capped the stack, the poor guy next to me (and probably next to him)
would be a mess for the Parade in Review.

It'll also keep the lower exhaust pipe from rusting out on you.

Another preservation tip- cut a large lawn garbage bag down one side, slide
it over your windows and close the "cinch-sack" end in the hinge area of the
door. Keeps rain out of Deuce doors, which invariable rust out at the bottom
(filled mine with epoxy and drilled drain holes, but the garbage bag still
keeps the insides from turning into aquariums).

Rich
Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
Cruise Missile Coordinates: 42d 28.05'N 083d 22.87'W
HummerID 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1970 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 ** MVPA #20486
Load Warrior Website http://www.m35a2.info
M35 Cool Stuff Site http://www.highprofilevehicles.com