Action Report Audie Murphy Day Farmersville,TX

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 21:41:09 PDT

Action Report Audie Murphy Day Farmersville,TX

Well it was the shortest parade I've been in yet.. Jeep handled it no
problem.. in fact I think it enjoys the short ones better...
I got some great photos of my 42 GPW with a beautifully restored 1975 M-151
and a 1995 Army Hummer (scan avail soon).
They had a little fly over of some vintage WWII planes and some little
scale model planes that run on lawn mower engines in the parade.
Quite a few vets in attendance.. Farmersville lost alot of sons in WWII.
I'm headed out Sat June 22 to Greenville, TX where they are having Audie
Murphy Days at a museum named for him and the history of cotton in the
area.. Starts at 9am and they will unveila large statue of Audie between 1
and 2 in the afternoon..Cant wait till the Convention in Dallas !!
Jess Minton
42 GPW
Arlington, TX