Re: [MV] M151A2 wheel cylinders

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 17:57:54 PDT

--- Muttguru@aol.com wrote:
> ......the US Mil stated specifically "Do not use
> solvents of any type to flush the brake system".
> The BFS conversion procedure was a straightforward
> swap of fluids, no intermediary stage.

Since I had to replace all the wheel cylinders and
master cylinder anyway on my M38A1 (because some
dimwit screwed it up before I could rescue it), I
disconnected everything and flushed with denatured
alcohol and compressed air, allowing plenty of time to
dry (I believe denatured alcohol has less water in it,
IIRC), and it worked just fine. I also replaced the
flex lines in the front as they were looking a little
cracked.

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV
1952 M38A1, happily at its new home in Pennsylvania...