Re: [MV] Need help finding wheel socket

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 13:12:55 PDT

If you can't find the 3 3/8" socket, you can consider taking 1/8" flat bar
(I have used flat washers in a pinch) and tack welding them to 3 sides of
the socket you have, if you have a 6 sided 3 1/2" socket. If you don't
want to burn your socket, you could just slide them in as you slide the
socket over the nut. This will work if you are doing what I think you are
doing. I could be wrong.
Also on a nut that big you can take flat bar and bend a 6 sided socket.
The ones at the truck store look home made.
Just a thought.

Joe Trapp.