MVPA Convention Dallas

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 03:24:34 PDT

Howdy from Texas
Its 5 AM here in Dallas and I'm up watching all the green trucks get a good
nights sleep in Centennial Hall at Fair Park. The show went well.. lots of
vendors selling lots of stuff.. I don't have the results of the judging as
I missed that part at the party tonight. The show had a bunch of 1/4
tons.. GPW's MB's 151's and so on. Highlights were a restored M-8
Greyhound from Houston, a beautiful GPA from Denver, A Duck, A fire truck
and some ferrets.. no big armour though :( The vendors and guests seem
pleased with the show as we the hosts were given many praises. I think the
highlight of my weekend was the tour of the Dallas GPW assembly plant,
nearby Fair Park. I talked to some assembly line workers who probably
built my jeep. The plant no longer has any assembly machines in it but
with a little imagination one can see exactly where the jeeps were
assembled and were then crated. It was great meeting some of the list
members and hope to do it again soon,
 From Camp Arrowhead..
Jess Minton
42 GPW