Re: [MV] Looking for a deuce

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 12:24:25 PDT

Hi Ryan...

Per your question:

>...I also heard about some of these vehicles having gone through an engine upgrade
>program in 1990 where a new engine was put in and were labeled with a
>"MWO1990" tag. Is this true? How many vehicles got this service?

Here is a link to a photo of my deuce's MWO tag:

  http://www.cucv.net/mwo1990.jpg

and here is a link to the PDF file of the actual MWO 9-2320-200-35-1:

  http://www.cucv.net/064977.pdf

I stand corrected on my earlier private comments to you. This MWO
(MODIFICATION WORK ORDER, not "major as I thought before) only
specified that seat belts be installed. I was told by a lister here
when I got my deuce that this MWO was the engine upgrade. I should
have researched it myself!

BTW, if you reply to the digest, be sure to remove all non-applicable
messages in your reply.

Welcome to the list!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net