Re: [MV] Armored Weasel??

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 03:57:11 PDT

>wow....a 37mm AT gun in a Weasel......very cool..I have the gun.......anyone
>want to furnish a weasel.....?

I have some hulls you could use, but that thing ain't going near any of
my runners :-)

For anybody that is interested, Vintage Video has a supurb video on
Weasels. It includes various Aberdeen testing footage. They mounted the
37 (at least I am mostly sure it was the 37, but I haven't slept in 20
hours, so who knows!) and fired it. Didn't work out so well. They also
had footage from Europe where they tried to turn the Weasel into a mine
clearer. That didn't work either :-) Best was watching it tow a 105
through mud/water up to its tracks. Did so without complaints!

Lots of great training footage and some color stuff from Studebaker.

Steve