MVPA Convention

From: Claude W. Vaughn (vaughn@totalaccess.net)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 08:29:11 PDT

List,

Good show. I have attended better, but it was a Good Show. Kinda light on
armored vehicles and unusual HMV's. I did expect more.

The Centennial Hall building provided a great "motor pool" with its red brick
interior walls and riveted steel girders and trusses. The lighting was less
than desirable for photography.

Although I did not have time to visit all of the vendor's tables, I believe all
450 were sold.

Minor problem on Saturday (and I assume also on Sunday) when City charged fee
for parking. I understand there is some rule that there is no parking fee for
single events, but there is a parking charge when two or more events are being
held in Fair Park.

My list of vehicles displayed included:

GPA's ... 2
GPW's ... 10
MB's ... 11
M38's ... 2
M38A1's ... 2
M422's ... 2
M151's ... 7
CJ2 ... 1
1/2 Ton WW-II ... 3
1/2 Ton post war ... 1
3/4 Ton WW-II ... 6
M37's ... 6
M43 ... 1
1-1/4 Ton ... 2
M35 ... 1
DUKW ... 1
Trailers, WW-II ... 7
Trailers, M416 ... 4
Bicycles ... 3
Motorcycles ... 3
Scooters ... 3
Hand Cart ... 1
Cars ... 3
42 Cletrak ... 1
43 Ford Fire Truck ... 1
Ferret's ... 2
M2A1 Halftrack ... 1
M8 Armored Car ... 1
Pack Howitzer's ... 2

I did not list any vehicles that were outside of the Hall (such as the eight
Mules for sale on the 18 wheeler).

Thanks to the show hosts and all those who worked to make it happen.

Claude.