Re: [MV] Armored Weasel??

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 12:21:24 PDT

Hi Howard,

>Guys, somewhere I've seen a WWII photo of a weasel in Italy the had field
>modification armor on. the plate was shoulder high if I recall.

Hmmm... that is about the height of the normal sides. Certainly doesn't
sound like the other sighting which apparently was a cab. I can more
believe some low slung HT style armor than I can an armored cab. Moving
in Italian terrain is also not necessarily going to benefit from the
Weasel's special capabilities as much as others so this is a tad more
sensible. But I am still having trouble picturing the Weasel taking the load.

>One of
>the local weasel guys has a weasel that someone cut down the side of his
>weasel to make entry easier and he figured it would be a prime candidate to
>get armored.

If I had a buck for every Weasel where some guy cut a door or tailgate
into the hull side... I'd have a nice pot of money to buy some NOS parts :-)

>I'll ask around. It's sort of like an armored jeep, they
>weren't factory but they were out there.

Let us know if you find out anything! Would be the first I head of this.

Steve