Need to sell my M.A.N. PLS/LHS/MULTI

From: Carl Payne (cpayne@demi.net)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 21:29:54 PDT

OK, I *REALLY* do not want to do this, but if the right buyer is out
there, it might be better this way.

I have an '89 M.A.N. VFAEG MULTI, also known as a PLS (Palletized Loading
System) or LHS (Load Handling System). It has an 8V92 Detroit engine,
Allison auto trans, is 8x8 and is fa-HUGE! 15 tons worth!

It has a nice clean G.I. Form 97 (title) in my name and is located
LITERALLY next door to Jack Tomlin's place in Tooele, Utah, where it is
costing me $250 a month to store.

I have a lot of pictures of the exact truck for sale, but I need to make a
couple things clear before we get that far:

1) Here's what the truck looks like:
http://web.demi.net/man_8x8_multi2.jpg
2) Mine is missing *ALL* of its wheels. It looks rather silly sitting on
6 standard Budd-type semi truck 22.5" wheels, but that's what it took to
get off the flatbed. It's otherwise missing NO major parts.
3) I am looking for a reasonable cash offer consistent with one of these
acceptable trades (in this order):
        Tatra 813 Kolos
        Unimog 416 / 406 DoKa
        Pinz
        Other Unimog

I'd entertain a different trade, possibly, or trade + cash. Condition
negotiable, depending on where it physically is.

I have the factory 3-ring bound manual for this, as well as factory
blueprints for the wheels and factory parts manifest (all in German). It
is an AMERICAN ordnance, one of 10 built as such, the remaining thousands
in the world are all in UN servitude, racing toward Dakar or schlepping
freight in Germany. The March, 2002 issue of Classic Military Vehicle did
a TERRIFIC article on the 3 major variants of this truck.

The important thing is that this go to a good home, not just someone
who'll let it sit. There's a marvelous story that goes with this truck
and a TON of photos in advance, just be serious when you contact me,
please.

Carl

e pluribus unix