Re: [MV] How much primer & paint?

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 06:42:54 PDT

If you are really going to use your M151, I'd use a self etching epoxy primer over all the bare metal. That insures good adhesion and a really good start.

Then if you want a very nice show paint job, use a primer surfacer. Sand it with a DA to get it smooth. Recoat and resand until you are happy. Then use a
sealer to seal the surface. Then shoot the semigloss OD over that.

If you aren't looking for a show winning job, just spray primer over the self etching primer, then topcoat.

A lot of primer (perhaps yours) is not designed to be sanded. Primer surfacer is meant to be sanded to level the surface.

FWIW,

Dave