Re: [MV] Sheer pin and oil

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 15:56:14 PDT

I bought some of those Memphis shear pins. I smelled a rat when
I was quoted eighty-three cents each, plus postage. When they
arrived, I found them to be steel pins, similar to clevis pins, very
similar. I called them and their explanation was that the pins are
made of soft steel. Nope, they don't go in any winch shafts I
work on. The aluminum pins are hard to find, though a vendor
was selling them for about a buck apiece at Aberdeen, last year.
I've paid as high as four dollars each when I was in a jam.
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com