Re: [MV] Gamma Goat

From: John K. Seidts (john@astory.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 18:12:01 PDT

> His question is: What should a new owner be concerned about or aware
> of. ???

Certain high frequency hearing loss, 37 universal joints, most of which
cannot be lubricated from the outside of the vehicle, aluminum exfoliation
at critical chassis points, engines going out within 500 miles, and terrible
trouble finding parts...

> Is is a problematic move ???

If you had the option of being naked in a camp of horny Al-Quaeda, or being
given a Gamma Goat, at least you'd know what you were getting into at camp.
Every person I know who purchased a Gamma Goat has gotten rid of it within
a year or two. And that says more than anything.

The only redeeming quality is that they are a fun vehicle to drive. It is
like riding a bucking short aluminum caterpillar. But I'd rather get the
thrills elsewhere, because the maintenance is too ghastly for me.