Armed Weasels?

From: Cav43rdBn@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 13:36:12 PDT

I'd previously asked about an armored Weasel, and I received
quite a few posts, saying that an armored Weasel would have
done just as I said, been as buoyant as a brick.

Well, today the same guy was insisting that there had been
armed versions. An MG or two here or there, I could see. If
nothing else, some enterprising GI scrounging an MG from
some source or another, and having a mechanic spotweld a
mount.

But no, he's talking something along the line of a 37mm
mount, ala the PowerWagon (WC-52?) AT Portee.
Personally, I think he's been looking at some "what-if"
drawings from some fantasy website or something, or
one of those "wannabe" knock-togethers, like the "plywood
tank" that we've seen.

Any ideas? Maybe he was smoking something really
strong? ;-)

Jerry