Re: [MV] Armed Weasels?

From: John Buckley (jbuckley@interconnect.net)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 13:35:32 PDT

Jerry,
   I have seen photographs of a Norwegian weasel with the back end
removed and opened up like an M38A1C and a 106mm recoiless rifle mounted
in the bed. Presumably these were used as AT vehicles on snow, not in
their amphibious capablity. Without the bow and stern cells weasels
didn't float too well anyway, very low freeboard from the photographs I
have seen. Otherwise I echo what Steve said, the only weapons mounts I
know of were tests and never made fully operational for what ever reason.
Regards,
John Buckley
M29C
Corpus Christi, Texas